Market Research Advisor
No of Jobs
ICBC's Stakeholder and Market Insights team is hiring a Market Research Advisor. The Advisor will manage, plan and deliver complex medium to large scale research initiatives that support business initiatives, strategy development and executive decision-making.
The successful candidate will also provide subject matter expertise in all aspects of customer, stakeholder and employee market and social research. You require superb communication and project management skills and your role will provide insightful market analyses to explain trends and support accompanying market figures.
This position will be located at our North Vancouver Corporate Head Office.
Some of but not all of the specific accountabilities:
- Conducts market or competitive intelligence on complex medium to large scale research initiatives;
- Responsible for the overall approach, design and implementation for assigned research initiatives, consulting with Manager as required;
- Defines research project scope and structure and develops the research project plan;
- Responsible for the vendor management during the course of the project including procurement, evaluating proposals, selecting and onboarding the chosen vendor, negotiating pricing, developing contracts and managing the vendor relationship and deliverables.
- This specialized training is typically recognized by an undergraduate degree and/or a professional designation in a technical/business/scientific field;
- Previous experience with Excel and SPSS and experience with SQL is ideal.
- 5+ years of related direct/indirect work experience;
- covering all aspects of qualitative and quantitative market and social research and market intelligence;
- Must have basic and advanced (univariate, bivariate and multivariate) statistical techniques, both descriptive and inferential;
- Strong interpersonal, numerate, analytical, writing, creative and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of emerging developments in insurance and other industry sectors in the local marketplace as well as worldwide best practice insurance.
- Knowledge current and upcoming governing acts and legislation pertaining to conducting research such as FIPPA, Patriot Act, CASL, and legal contracting formulation.
- Candidates should indicate in the application any MRIA or other relevant coursework completed or if they hold the CMRP designation.