Market Research Manager
No of Jobs
Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
As a Market Research Manager, you will play a key role to support strategic decision making process with actionable insights and recommendations about our markets and customers.
You will work closely with vendors and internal teams to define research objectives, select appropriate research methodologies, and ensure the successful execution of the fieldwork. Upon completion, the Market Research Manager reviews the collected data, authors reports and makes business-oriented recommendations to the business stakeholders.
You are conversant in quantitative research design, with experience managing key market research projects from start to finish. Our ideal candidate is an innovative thinker possessing both drive and intelligence, with a passion for matching science with insight to provide actionable research solutions.
- Monitor market and competitive trends and provide recommendations for strategic and tactical consideration and implementation
- Manage multiple market research projects at once, within timeline and budgets
- Work closely with line managers in marketing, product and customer facing teams to collect, interpret and share insights from various research projects
- Design qualitative and quantitative research plans for strategy planning and execution stages of product and go-to-market life cycles
- Define and recommend, to both marketing and line manager, the better solution from a value-for-money point of view, finalise the methodology and negotiate costs
- Interpret data, writing reports, and making actionable recommendations
- Select appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques
- Design research questionnaires and moderator guides
- Global perspective and/or experiences
- Technology and social media savvy
- Fexible day to day and can shift priorities quickly
- Familiarity with competitive analysis tools such as Threat Matrix and TIA models
- Mastery of data analysis techniques with Excel/Google Sheets, Tableau, or equivalent and demonstrated experience in statistical modeling and analysis
You’re Great At:
- 5 to 7 years experience in a market research environment with a strong focus on quantitative research, supplemental qualitative experience considered an asset
- Academic and practical experience with a wide array of product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Research experience for both in-house and agency firm a must, preferably one with strong in-house experience and regional market exposure
- Outstanding organisational and project management skills, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical thinking mindset with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative research, analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Detail-minded and highly committed to accuracy and completeness of information
- Ability to draw insights and tell a story with data
- Strong interpersonal skill, build relationship, good time management and works well in cross-functional team environment
- Motivated, self-directed and possesses a driven personality capable of working within tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience