DIG Insights Inc
No of Jobs
DIG Insights Inc. is looking for a Research Analyst for a permanent full- time position. We offer great personal and professional challenges and room for learning and advancement. If you think that you are right for us and we are right for you, we would love to hear from you!
DIG Insights is focused on three things:
- We are business consultants who build sophisticated choice models (discrete choice, choice based conjoint and MaxDiff). Using these models, we help our clients to manage their portfolios (product mix, benefit communication and pricing) and to optimize and assess their innovation ideas.
- We are creative, building research tools that leverage new learning in adjacent fields. These tools help our clients to uncover new insights and opportunities.
- We are dynamic researchers who address unique business challenges with custom research solutions.
- We execute this work for a mix of clients across the consumer packaged goods, telecommunications, retail and financial services industries. We are currently looking to expand into markets outside Canada and the US, specifically countries with an innovation and startup culture such as Israel. Israel has become a focus country for DIG Insights’ ongoing growth and as such, a candidate with familiarity of the Israeli business community/ culture would be an asset.
- Conduct research and provide marketing recommendations and advice to our clients based on market research data and statistical analyses.
- Manage social media marketing and blogging for the launch of Upside, an application that Dig Insights is launching in 2016. The long-term goal for this app is to build a panel of people who have downloaded it and can help us to provide business insights to companies throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. This position plays a key role in building that panel.
- Support DIG colleagues on all aspects of the project lifecycle, from methodology design and proposal, through questionnaire writing and fieldwork, to analysis, reporting and client presentations.
- Read tables, extract, synthesize and display data in report templates.
- Proof-read proposals, questionnaires and reports.
- Perform secondary research to support primary research-based implications.
- Source image/infographics to enhance deliverables
- Design and develop database for information systems projects.
- Manage field suppliers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Work with the Brand Management teams to ensure accurate representation of KPI’s related to their respective areas.
- Create and manage consolidated view of monthly budget control reports for internal and external spending related to the Brand Units service support areas including: media, research, production and sponsorships.
- Operate database management systems and work with external vendors to develop required financial reporting in order to combine data and financial information with internal reporting and perform data mining analysis.
- Act as primary point of contact for clients on various projects.
- Proactively address any client concerns or problems that may arise on any given project.
- Collect and document user requirements and help identify new business opportunities for which we can develop research solutions.
- Take initiative to stay abreast of industry trends and developments, sharing these with DIG colleagues.
The ideal candidate is a fast learner, highly organized, attentive to detail, analytical, experienced in problem-solving, responsible, reliable, thorough and conscientious.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
We offer full time permanent employment at our offices located at 372 Bay Street, Toronto. Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week, three weeks paid vacation and benefits.
- University degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
The candidate must pass an aptitude test related to the desired set of skills that we are seeking, as listed below.
- 3+ years of relevant work in an analytical role.
- Experience with digital marketing an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in extracting, preparing, and analyzing large data sets. Demonstrated skills in testing and data gathering.
- Practical statistical experience in a professional environment or business setting.
- Advanced/expert proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent internet literacy, including social networks; high proficiency in WordPress and/or other blogging platforms.
- Experience in social media marketing campaigns, professional blogging and journalism, as well as in proofreading and editing. Published example of blog posts and articles (500-2000 words) an asset.
- Ability to formulate digital marketing strategies, based on demonstrated experience in the field. Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw insights and recommendations, where required.
- Strong analytical skills, including previous exposure to quantitative exploration, analysis and reporting.
- Experience in developing, presenting and confidently communicating analytical data.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and with accuracy, with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in organizational/industry acumen.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Efficient time management with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Organizational/industry acumen.