No of Jobs
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. We are looking for positive people who bring a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to join us.
Rocky Mountaineer is proud to work with a strong team of talented individuals. We were recently named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies and have won Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada multiple times.
In this newly created position, the Research Analyst will support the Research Manager in the development, implementation and management of projects that support Rocky Mountaineer’s research and analytics functions. A background in project management, analytics and research are key for this position. The role requires a strong ability to work in a cross functional team environment as they will be working and collaborating with various teams to answer key business and research objectives.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting and managing the operation of the Guest Satisfaction Survey, a primary research tool used throughout the organization. This includes ensuring smooth transition of survey cards from train to supplier, spot checking data, extracting internal data for our supplier, running reports, analysing data, and coordinating with the research partner
- Analysing data and providing regular reports to Rocky Mountaineers Guest Experience team to advise on the strategic steps for onboard performance
- Analysing and reviewing qualitative feedback from guests about their experience
- Ad hoc survey requests or deep dives into the data, both on and off the train
- Conducting surveys and answering ad hoc research requests from internal teams to support new initiatives and business objectives; this runs from ideation, questionnaire design, programming, launching through to reporting and presenting the results back to key users
- Supporting the Research Manager in other major research projects throughout the year, not limited to testing advertising, understanding general market travel behaviour, assessing internal and external marketing collateral, etc.
- Supporting the Analytics team on ad hoc requests as needed throughout the year
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate.
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our hiring process.
- University degree in Business, Economics, Math, Statistics or specific Research-Related Diploma program
- Up to 1 – 2 years’ of related experience (can include co-op experience) in market research
- Involvement with designing a research study from start to finish
- Understanding of a broad array of data sources
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint; Knowledge of SPSS an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both written and verbal
- Possess a strong attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical and written skills
- Adaptive and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in travel and tourism, and knowledge of Western Canada, considered an asset