Senior Quantitative Research Analyst
No of Jobs
Reporting to the Director, Analytics and Decision Support , the Senior Quantitative Analyst provides analytical support in development and monitoring of the statistical models that manage delinquencies/losses within the Bank’s retail products portfolios. By utilizing his or her analytical expertise, knowledge of predictive modeling techniques and available data, the Senior Quantitative Analyst develops statistical models targeted to address delinquency and loss reduction opportunities while enhancing client experience. The Senior Quantitative Analyst will use statistical tools such as SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner and associated specialized modules to conduct and verify these modeling calculations for a variety of retail products, including credit cards, personal loans and lines of credit, small business credit facilities. Familiarity with retail products from an analytical perspective is preferred. Models must be developed and deployed in a timely and efficient manner and they must compliment business strategies. The role also has a heavy focus on operationalization of models in a complex call centre/collections environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
To Do This, You Will
- This position pro-actively contributes to the Receivables Management function in the area of model building, monitoring and analysis. With a strong focus on statistical analysis and segmentation, the incumbent will develop new models or characteristics to address business segments, build models to predict account performance and track model effectiveness . In addition, the incumbent will develop and implement new and innovative techniques for model monitoring.
- Collect, clean and analyze data to support the development of statistical models to enhance the profitability of Receivables Management strategies.
- Develop models to manage delinquencies/losses and other key dimensions of account behavior.
- Track predictive models to evaluate their effectiveness and performance and keep them current.
- Liaise with other staff within Client Account Management for model implementation and updates.
- Provide consultative advice on the technical aspects of modeling to non-specialists.
- Participate on project teams related to Client Account Management
- Provide comprehensive documentation of the modeling process including validation.
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Statistics.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical concepts and predictive modeling techniques (regression, neural nets, clustering) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience building these models
- Ability to analyze and critique information from a variety of sources to provide value to the business.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with SAS (mainframe, PC, UNIX, SAS Enterprise Miner).
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills. Proven ability to communicate complex data analysis to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Working knowledge of databases and database technologies. Familiarity with SQL preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, research, compile, and present relevant statistics for model development.