Senior Research Analyst
No of Jobs
The Senior Specialist, Research & Insights manages the consolidation of strategic, market and customer performance metrics insights to assist with organizational-wide strategic decision-making. This role leads and manages research and analysis of market and economic indicators, assessing their potential impact on BCLC’s gambling business and supporting the organization’s ability to address competitive challenges, opportunities and risks; Provides support in departmental business planning (identification of strategic initiatives, budgeting and process management between Research & Insights and analytics teams); Collaborates with multiple business lines, Senior Leadership and research suppliers, and collaborates with analytics teams to provide business units with comprehensive data driven insights.
- Works with the Senior Manager Enterprise Insights and Analytics Strategy to provide business planning support on initiatives of focus, budget and process management between the department and analytics teams.
- Manages the KPI tracking study and other strategic research initiatives throughout the year; Based on Executive approved non-financial measures, consolidates and delivers enterprise and divisional level reporting that includes analysis of results and impact on targets and projections and creates understanding on select KPI’s for Executive and Corporate business Line use.
- Develops clear communications to share findings, including actionable insight and recommendations.
- Anticipates and gathers political, economic, social, technology indicators and competitor research; analyzes and documents their potential impact on BCLC’s gambling business.
- Partners with the business units to identify key strategic areas of discovery as it relates to uncovering a deeper understanding of customers and key external factors affecting their business.
- Develops strong relationships with business area leaders, in particular those responsible for financial and business planning, business performance management, program execution and communications, to support corporate prioritization and implementation of strategic plans related to Research & Insights initiatives.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal and business area teams; assesses and anticipates their needs, provides advice and creative solutions to support corporate and departmental objectives. Assists business area leaders by providing comprehensive data driven actionable insights and recommendations.
- A degree or diploma in a relevant discipline (business, economics, statistics, research, etc.)
- 4 to 6 years progressively responsible experience in market or customer research;
- Certified Market Research Planner (CMRP) or course work completed from the Market Research Intelligence Association (MRIA) is an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with balanced scorecard/ KPI measurement an asset;
- Proven project management and time management skills;
- Proven ability to simplify complex sets of data to create understanding and to work with large amounts of information to provide actionable insights;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and supplier relations;
- Experience in analyzing data, using statistical tools (e.g. SPSS) and/or strategic planning is an asset;
- Prior experience with Customer Insight and Analytical Business Planning is a definite asset;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent attention to detail.